Sunday, June 20, 2010

Same ole, same ole

There has really nothing to write about lately, dialysis-wise. Things are becoming more routine: week after week, month after month. I still do not look forward to the three hours, fifteen minutes hooked up to get my biweekly "oil-change," but I think my boredom-busters are helping me get through it. Lately, its been a combination of Brick on my BlackBerry, Big Bang Theory on Mondays, and Food Network on Fridays. I still have my language books handy (Japanese and Italian - what a combination) in the event that Hubby wants to watch some sports.

The challenge lately is keeping my phosphorus levels down. During my last lab tests, my phosphorus was at 6.5, and I am quite puzzled why it is at the level. I do not eat nuts, dairy, or sodas and take my binders regularly. Maybe I eat too much protein... we'll see, tomorrow is another test.

The latest mystery is my energy level is back up. I do not have that drained feeling on Saturdays and am able to do more chores around the house. Not sure what is causing this, but I am enjoying this surge of energy and hope that it will last.

No comments: