Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mein Fuß ist geschwollen

... Es tut mir weh.

I had another gout attack this Tuesday, and this was the first thing that I thought of after seeing my red foot. The phrase roughly translates to "My foot is swollen. It hurts." I think German language is finally seeping into my subconscious; this after listening to the Conversational German tapes in the car (over and over again - and this is my second pass) and reading the text while in the center. It's my way of making my commute time and needle time semi-productive. I listened to these tapes about a year ago when I started this long commute, and this is my second time listening to it. At least now, I have two sentences.

Incidentally, the first sentence is: Was ist los, meine Liebchen? ("What is the matter, my sweetheart?"). I say that to the cat a lot. Her normal answer is "Meow" which I think is not in German.

For now, I think I am done with these two tapes. I am thinking of learning some Russian next or reviewing some French (although I *really* should review my Hawaiian; I need that more). Look forward to some blogs starting in Russian.

No comments: