Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter... Happy Renewal

Hubby and I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend. Ours was very nice, including Hubby putting together my very first Easter egg hunt. He had six eggs with corresponding clues -- two of which were rather tricky. I worked through the clues and found them all. The Easter egg hunt was a lot of fun!


We also had brunch at the TempleBar and Grill in Berkeley. This is an institution in the Hawaiian community of the Bay Area, and it was my first time there. TempleBar is very island-style: cozy and laid-back. Uncle Kem, the owner and famous ukulele musician and instructor was the featured entertainment. He even stopped by our table to say hello and asked if I danced hula. Long story short, I unexpectedly danced to some of my group's standard songs to the Royal Hawaiian Serenaders' live music. I think everyone enjoyed.


For more happy thoughts, my dialysis treatments continue to improve. My kT/V (the measure of adequacy of dialysis and remaining kidney function) has significantly improved from 2.33 to 3.56 in one month! This is really great news! I am hoping that this will lead to my getting reduced session time for my treatments!

No comments: