Saturday, November 12, 2011

No Net New?

"No net new" is something that I heard at work lately. It means no new features or enhancements. It somewhat describes my health status lately - same old, same old.

I guess that is a good thing: stability. Or is it really stable?

Let's see: I walked a 5K two weeks ago, was worn out the day after that, but survived. I have not been going to my hula classes, but I am soon starting one of my own. My phosphorus is still astronomical, but slowly going down. Blood pressure is under control. Dialysis is still 3x per week, but thanks to Big Bang Theory, my favorite boredom buster, my sessions has been more tolerable! I am even looking forward to it.

Hmm... maybe there have been some changes, and there is no such thing as no net new (which may be bad news at work). My health seems to be stable and maybe even somewhat improving. I want to have a more normal schedule, but I will take what I can. Life may be "same old, same old", but hey, it is still good!

2 comments:

Nephro-Ninjas said...

My fiancee too has CKD, been at it for almost 4 years now. had one failed transplant. Nice to see that you're getting along well. Gives me hope :)

RogueKidney said...

Hi Nephro-Ninja,

I have good days and some bad days - mostly good. Keep thinking positive and surround yourselves with supportive people. I'll send good vibes your way daily. Cheers!