Saturday, April 20, 2013

Back to Work - Full time!


As of last week, I went back to work full-time. I had mixed feelings going back to full-time, since I had become used to and somewhat enjoyed my medical break routine: I walked in the morning, prepared and ate lunch, napped, and then walked again. I would even have the television on in the background to listen to Chopped, Kitchen Nightmares or CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. As I mentioned in one of my tweets this week, I have memorized most of the commercials – at least, those on CNN, BBC, and The Food Network (just ask my husband!).

I had planned to work from home all week, but my project required me to spend some time in the office. It was a welcome change to being home, but I was concerned about the drive and the ability to stay awake (no more naps!). My plan was to enjoy a phosphorus-caffeine-boost (translation: a soy coffee latte) midday to keep me up and about. An added bonus was being able to get new nail polish and a new CD this week – from an actual store!

Actually, things went quite well this week. I went into the office twice and got to interact, catch-up, and laugh with my friends at work. I was also able to both start and complete my project. The only casualties were a cancelled meeting (so I could complete my assignment), my jeans, and now a sore back. My tummy was still a bit bloated, so my jeans were really tight while I sat down.  Bummer, but it gives me a chance to wear (cute) dresses more and shop for accessories. The sore back may be due to sitting and not moving around very much. I guess my body is rebelling from sitting 8 hours a day in the same chair.

Next week is another full workweek. I am again hoping that I can work from home most of the days. However, as has been said before, the best laid plans often go astray. I probably should rest up!

No comments: