Saturday, June 1, 2013

Shades of Normalcy


Movie Tickets
Movies...
Last week for the first time in what seems to be a long time, we had a night out.  Hubby just finished a huge project, and it has been almost four months since my transplant. Since we got the go-ahead from the dietician to dine out, we thought we would celebrate over the weekend. After all, cooking everyday, as creative and enjoyable as it is, can be a bit tiring.


So Saturday and Sunday last weekend, we enjoyed a movie and dinner out.  The new summer movies were already out, so we thought we’d catch the latest flicks. It was a great two evenings!

That said, I did have to take some precautions. As an example, some people were coughing in the theater. It could be just dry throat due to popcorn, but as a recent transplant recipient, I could never be too sure. So, I put on my mask and continued to enjoy the movie. It was Star Trek after all.

...and Dinner. No Binders Needed!!!
Over dinner, we picked relatively healthy choices, except for the deep-dish pizza. My husband has not had deep-dish pizza from Zachary’s, so it was a must. Oooh, those two slices were so good. I did remove some of the tomato sauce since it is rich in potassium. I could not imagine enjoying those when I was in dialysis. No amount of binder can counteract the phosphorus in that slice of pizza.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable weekend. After my transplant, my husband recalled that the surgeon said to me, “Welcome to a new life”. A new life, indeed. Last weekend was just a brief taste of it. I can’t wait.

No comments: