Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year


It’s a new year and the beginning of new adventures and challenges.

For the first time in a long time, I took about a week off during the holidays, and my husband and I used this time to reconnect. Our busy lives week after week do not allow much time to do this, plus the three nights for dialysis does not help. With time off, we were able to spend a lot of time together.

It also gave me an opportunity to relax and reflect on the past year. Overall, it has been a challenging year, filled with lots of opportunities to grow and learn: teaching at the dojo, sharing my hula, baking, hyperphosphothemia, kidney walks and fundraising, gigantic water blisters, and lotions with phosphorus in it! In addition to that, we have continuing challenges at work.

I begin this year with optimism. I am hoping that this year would be less demanding, but still filled with opportunity. Most of all, I hope to get a kidney soon.

No comments: