Tuesday, December 9, 2008

About this...

I thought I'd start this blog as therapy - I'd like to think that I am not scared of the dialysis procedure itself, but of the changes that I need to do to my life. My nephrologist (kidney doctor) recommended that I go 3 days a week, MWF, 5:30pm. This would mean that I will miss my aikido practice which has been a major part of life for the last seven years. It's a very drastic, perhaps traumatic, change. I am close to testing for Shodan (first degree black belt) and the dialysis will definitely put a damper on that goal.

I am also very concerned that my work will be severely interrupted now that I am in dialysis. Now, my schedule will revolve in getting to the center by 5:30 instead of focusing on work. I am lucky to have an understanding manager... That said, I am unsure whether my co-workers will understand the adjustments I need to make to accommodate my new schedule.

No comments: