Monday, December 29, 2008

Finally dialyzed

arm and bandages

Here's my arm this morning... I finally dialyzed last night, so I have fresh bandages to replace the thick (anti-bleeding) gauze and tape. We ran out of our normal bandages, so we used "Finding Nemo". I really like these: they look like tattoos and it's happy -- even Bruce (the shark) is smiling. Too bad, the one with Nemo and Marlin did not work out. Note that my arm is still blue and purple.


Hubby is very relieved that I finally had a successful session. Jen had the lucky poke last night, near my wrists... Ouch! She had three attempts, and in the end, I had two "red" tubes: I should have one red, one blue. I guess my original arterial needle became the one for the veins. As long as she gets it straight, I am not worried.


My arm was tingling and pinching most of the time that we were there -- probably because my arms are still sore and swollen. I was very nervous since the last two sessions went poorly and tired from the drive back from Lake Tahoe where we spent the last two days skiing. Thank goodness Hubby was there most of the time -- for moral support. Thanks for being there that evening; I really needed it!

No comments: